Lemon Halibut Spaghetti- serves 4-6
- 1 pound halibut fillets- skinned and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/3 c fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c red onion- finely chopped
- 1/4-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 T flat leaf parsley- finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 1/2 medium potato peeled- Yukon gold or red
- 1/3 c toasted breadcrumbs
- 3/4 of a 1 pound package of spaghetti
About 2 hours before you want to eat, combine the halibut cubes with the lemon juice, onion, red pepper flakes, parsley, olive oil, and salt to taste. Stir occasionally and let set for 2 hours in refrigerator.
Put a large pot of water on to boil for the pasta. Remove the fish mixture from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature while the water is boiling. When the water is boiling, add salt and then put the potato in to cook. When it is cooked through but not mushy, remove the potato, and then put the pasta into the boiling water. Mash the potato with a fork in the serving bowl. Add the halibut mixture to the potato and stir to combine.
When the spaghetti is cooked al dente, drain it and add immediately to the sauce and potato mixture. Toss to combine, taste for salt and top with toasted breadcrumbs. If the pasta is a little dry, you can add some olive oil or pasta water to thin. Serve and enjoy.